Sunday, March 17, 2013

Take a Breather!


It has been quite a bit of time since my last blog. So, I’d like to start out with God is bigger than what ever you are going through. I feel like I have been in a whirl wind within the past two months. I don’t like using blogs as diaries, but if I say something that will help someone else, and it is furthering the kingdom of God, why not?

            Since school has started back up (January 6th or 7th) I’ve dealt with a lot of past issues, and where I use to be. The devil used a lot of my past to constantly attack me. One of thing was that because I am not a technical virgin, I am not pure. Which is a lie, it has taken me months to get over the fact that I have myself away to someone that is not my husband. I have been made new when I accepted Christ. God forgave me after the times I continued to fornicate when I knew Christ. I had to deal with the true matter of the issue, which was: forgiving myself. There were a lot of immoral things I did, that I am not proud of. Within a few months I have been finding myself in Christ. He has told me that I am redeemed, that I have been justified, that I am His child, and HE LOVES ME. And I want you to know that too. There is NOTHING that you can do to make Him stop loving you.

            I've realized that I have not fully given my life over to Christ. I have said I have so many times, but I don't think I fully did. We all go through different levels in our walk with the Lord. Sometimes at that time, we truly believe we have given it over, but it slowly comes back to you and you realize you never gave it ALL over to Him. It is also a process that takes a lot of time. It has been 6-7 months since my ex broke up, and I finally started dealing with a lot of stuff that happened in that time period. I finally submitted myself to Christ, and have been being more serious about my relationship with Christ. I WANT to know Him, I WANT to love Him, and I WANT to please Him. So many people want to do things because they feel it is right. And you know, I went through the motions, and it helps you get by. But are you truly committed yourself to the Lord like He asks you to? I know it is a struggle. Every. Single. Day. I fight, righting to make sure that there is more of Him and less of me. I am fleshy, and I am weak. I try my best to draw all of my strength from the Lord, and I boast about His love. I want to tell you that there is NO love like Christ’s love for you. I have searched. I tried to find it through sex, I tried to find it in people, and I’ve tried to find it in working, in success. But there is nothing in this world that will complete you, only Jesus Christ can. You can find temporary satisfaction where ever you go. It’s easy to find an easy fix in sex, in eating, in spending money, etc. But all of these are sin driven, and will lead you to place you do not want you to go.

 

            With all of that being said, I know I am flawed, and I know that I am not perfect. I also know NOW, that there is no man on this earth that satisfies me the way Jesus Christ can. And I wouldn’t tell someone to that standard because it’s impossible. Something that I have had an issue with is how to deal with singleness. I was in a relationship for the majority of 6 years, and before that I had dated off and on since I was 13. I often made the comment I wanted to be single, but would not find the total satisfaction in being single. Sometimes it is like I have had mixed feelings about it. I see people around this campus dating, but for me at this time, I know that the Lord has a lot of fixing and healing to do in my heart before I am ever ready to date. I’ve also been through a lot of heart ache, and have become a bit wise. I’m not, and refuse to date to date. I read a book, I think it was The Sacred Search by Gary Thomas, and it often mentioned “Seek first the kingdom of God”. I find so many people that get lonely and they just date to date. They want that high that “love” or “lust” can bring and sometimes they set aside their morals and values to do so. When you put your trust in Christ, He will bless you way beyond those temporary satisfactions. I feel God has directly told me who I am supposed to be with multiple times, but I often wonder if it is my foolishness of wanting to be with such a Godly man. I often just pray for His will to be done, and for my focus to be on Christ and to seek Him out throughout the day, not some crush. If it is truly God’s will, it will happen in His perfect timing.

            I feel it is very true when I’ve been told when God is with you the most, Satan always tries to attack. After having an amazing Spiritual High from being with my church family, and just being one with Christ, I came back to school and became drained fast. I was pulling 4-5 hour nights for three nights in a row, and was asked by Christ to fast. Now, I like my food and I have never fasted in my entire life, so I had no clue what I was going to do. I also had no idea what I was really doing while I did it. Haha I went 32 hours without eating anything. I drank all water and about 8 oz of Pink Lemonade that was it. Now don’t think I am some skinny girl, because I’m not. I weigh approximately around 240, and have had issues with low blood sugar. I felt like it was a test to see how much I truly believed in God. And He gave me sustenance. After the experience I felt like I could witness to people who would have never done something like that. I also am giving blood for the first time Tuesday. Let me tell you, I HATE needles, and I HATE seeing blood. But I am getting out of my comfort zone. How can we truly grow without stepping out on faith (when He tells you do something that is), and fully trust He is going to take care of you? Give it all to Him. Walk out on faith. He will guide you and see you through. Seek His face. It is when we look away, that we fall. He wants to do so many different things inside of us, but because we are so afraid, we try to handle things ourselves. And we can’t do that. We are not giving it over when that happens. Keep God first! He will stretch and grow you in sooo many ways, if you just allow Him to.

No comments:

Post a Comment